The Misa Criolla is Argentinian composer Ariel Ramírez' most famous work. Written in 1963-64, it is a mass for tenor,
mixed chorus, percussion, keyboard and native Argentinian instruments.
Entirely based on traditional rhythms (chacarera, carnavalito, estilo pampeano),
it is one of the first masses to be celebrated in a modern language - being contemporary to the Second Vatican Council.
It was not publicly performed until 1967 in Düsseldorf, Germany, during a European tour which eventually brought Ariel Ramírez
before Pope Paul VI.
There are many famous recordings of the piece; here we present the solo voice of José Carreras (1990).
How to play a video
Click on a thumbnail to select a video. Then scroll up to the video player window and "click" on it to start the video.
Please provide video feedback!
Please take a minute to provide feedback on the videos you watch.
To rate, comment on or mark a video as a "favorite", simply click on the video once as it is playing in the video window below.
This will open the video within YouTube.
Watch the entire playlist
This list of videos is generated from a YouTube playlist. You can watch the entire playlist by
clicking this link and then selecting
"Play All Videos" on the right of the screen.
Kyrie - Misa Criolla 1 - Jose Carreras
About This Video
- Kyrie - Misa Criolla 1 - Jose Carreras - 04:34
- 4.92 stars / 577
- 190214 Views
- Gloria - Misa Criolla 2 - Jose Carreras - 07:35
- 4.89 stars / 854
- 222933 Views
- Credo - Misa Criolla 3 - Jose Carreras - 03:27
- 4.92 stars / 206
- 89197 Views
- Sanctus - Misa Criolla 4 - Jose Carreras - 02:55
- 4.97 stars / 128
- 53601 Views
- Agnus Dei - Misa Criolla 5 - Jose Carreras - 06:25
- 4.92 stars / 240
- 75207 Views
How to play a video
- Click on a thumbnail to select a video
- Scroll up to the video player window
- Click the play icon to start the video
Key to video thumbnails
- Video title - Running time
- Avg rating / Ratings count
- View count
- Link to YouTube channel