Kyle Ewalt and Michael Walker
Together, Kyle Ewalt and Michael I. Walker have written the song cycle
Separate: Battle Songs of Youth, as well as the full-length musicals
The Making of Madeline Moore (workshopped at The Merc NYC in 2009),
Broke, and the upcoming
Bromance: The Dudesical.
Their work has been seen recently in Michigan, Toronto, and London, and in New York at Joe’s Pub,
92YTribeca, Theater Row, Galapagos Art Space, and as part of the
We Are the Song Benefits 1, 2, and 3 for the After the Storm Foundation.
Last summer, their show An Evening with Ewalt and Walker: Just a Couple of Dudes Who Like to Write Songs,
was performed at Playwrights Horizons Mainstage Theater.
For more information or to contact the authors, please visit
Michael I. Walker (Book and Lyrics) is also an experienced playwright, whose latest play,
Letter From Algeria, will debut in NYC at the Abingdon Theater in October 2010
produced by GroundUp Productions.
Michael was hailed by The New Yorker and called one of American Theater Web's
"Playwrights Whose Work Bares Watching" for his play, Blackout,
produced Off Broadway in 2007.
Other writing includes the plays Interregnum and The Unreliable Narrator,
which have been seen in New York and regionally,
and the independent film Tower Parkway.
Walker is an associate artist with Moving Theater,
and co-authored the company’s How Culafroy Became Divine at the Jacob’s Pillow International Festival.
Walker is a graduate of Yale University and earned his Master’s degree at the
Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts and King’s College, London.
Walker taught playwriting at Columbia University’s Creative Writing Summer Intensive Program,
and will teach an upcoming writing workshop at UNC, Chapel Hill.
As an actor, Walker has appeared on Broadway and in several films including
M. Night Shyamalan’s The Village.
Kyle Ewalt (Music and Lyrics) is an accomplished composer who has penned original
pieces for Ultra Records, BIG Management, the jazz vocal group Syncopation,
and the dance/electronica group Kyven, for which he has released several albums;
Part of Love, In My Mind, Sample 8 and the upcoming City Love.
His compositions with DJ Serge Devant, “Surround U” and “Part of Me” can be heard in clubs from Tel Aviv to
Kyven’s single, “Stronger Love” has been featured on nationwide compilations for Abercrombie & Fitch and Adidas.
His dance anthem “Hurt” was a top 40 hit in Poland for 8 straight weeks and can be heard in the 2009 film,
When Queens Collide.
Ewalt is a graduate of Berklee College of Music,
where he studied songwriting and vocal styles with Cheryl Bentyne of the Manhattan Transfer,
acclaimed folk rock songwriter Pat Pattison and Reverend Dennis Montgomery III.
Ewalt has a unique and powerful sense of lyric melody line and combines influences from rock and jazz to
hip-hop and gospel to create memorable and dynamic musical compositions.
How to play a video
Click on a thumbnail to select a video. Then scroll up to the video player window and "click" on it to start the video.
Please provide video feedback!
Please take a minute to provide feedback on the videos you watch.
To rate, comment on or mark a video as a "favorite", simply click on the video once as it is playing in the video window below.
This will open the video within YouTube.
Watch the entire playlist
This list of videos is generated from a YouTube playlist. You can watch the entire playlist by
clicking this link and then selecting
"Play All Videos" on the right of the screen.
Adam Kantor singing "The Phone Call" by Ewalt and Walker
About This Video
- Adam Kantor singing "The Phone Call" by Ewalt and Walker - 04:29
- 4.84 stars / 151
- 20847 Views
- Matt Doyle singing "Fat Old Men" by Ewalt and Walker - 02:54
- 4.92 stars / 48
- 6680 Views
- "The Perfect Number" from Ewalt and Walker's "Bromance" - 04:14
- 4.71 stars / 14
- 2375 Views
- Stephanie Umoh singing "Too Close to the Sun" by Ewalt and Walker - 05:11
- 5 stars / 16
- 3805 Views
- Lindsay Mendez sings "Do Not Disconnect" by Ewalt and Walker - 04:57
- 5 stars / 8
- 604 Views
- Sam Tsui singing "The Phone Call" by Ewalt and Walker from Bromance - 04:43
- 4.93 stars / 1138
- 136726 Views
- Matt Doyle sings "Clean Break" by Ewalt and Walker - 03:53
- 5 stars / 18
- 2269 Views
- Eric Petersen sings "Heartburn" from "Bromance" by Ewalt and Walker - 03:12
- 5 stars / 7
- 1429 Views
- Lisa Morabito sings "Vogue" by Ewalt and Walker - 03:41
- 5 stars / 2
- 1007 Views
- Matt Doyle singing "The One Who Ran Away" by Ewalt and Walker - 03:00
- 5 stars / 40
- 4776 Views
- Jackie Burns singing "Press Pause" by Ewalt and Walker - 04:21
- 4.8 stars / 20
- 3131 Views
- "Sometimes Two is Better Than One" by Ewalt and Walker sung by Molly Pope and Jonathan Whitton - 04:53
- 5 stars / 2
- 711 Views
- Adam Chanler-Berat and Andrew Durand sing "Sports Center" from "Bromance" - 04:48
- 5 stars / 9
- 1478 Views
- Molly Pope sings "Superbowl" from "Bromance" by Ewalt and Walker - 04:58
- 5 stars / 8
- 593 Views
- Cole Burden sings "Chili Cheese Fries" from "Bromance" by Ewalt and Walker - 04:11
- 5 stars / 14
- 1385 Views
How to play a video
- Click on a thumbnail to select a video
- Scroll up to the video player window
- Click the play icon to start the video
Key to video thumbnails
- Video title - Running time
- Avg rating / Ratings count
- View count
- Link to YouTube channel